- Study Groups
- Missions Projects
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri— Global University, an accredited distance education university of the Assemblies of God, announces that its accredited Doctor of Ministry distance program (D.Min) is now open for enrollment to qualified candidates.
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC) had granted full accreditation to this DMin program in April. Now, the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) has also accredited this D.Min program and the State of Missouri has authorized its implementation.
This Doctor of Ministry program has been designed to serve people acting in Christian Ministry who cannot attend a traditional residential seminary. Those attending will receive academic yet practical training in Bible and Theology from a Pentecostal perspective to fulfill their calling to Christian church-based ministry.
According to Dr. Gary Seevers Jr., President of Global University, after the approval by two highly respected accrediting agencies (HLC and DETC) as well as the authorization by the State of Missouri, the university is pleased to invite students to increase their knowledge and skills for ministry.
“Students and leaders can now take the next and final step in the educational ladder,” says Dr. Seevers. “We are closing a gap that needed to be filled for full-time ministers via distance learning.”
• An earned Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.00 (no exceptions)
• At least one year (minimum of 6 credits) of biblical Greek with a minimum average of 80 percent (or its equivalent)
• Verifiable ministerial credentials
• A minimum of three years of active ministry experience
Program Completion Requirements:
• Two to five years of study
• 12 credits of biblical language (6 credits beyond admission requirement)
• Graduate studies in Bible and Theology (equivalent to an MDiv or an MA in Biblical Studies)
• Completion of 120 credit hours beyond BA degree
• Minimum of 30 doctoral-level credits beyond academic requirements for MDiv
Program Starting Cost:
• $100 application fee
• $240 per credit
• Other fees apply
About Global University’s Graduate School of Theology
The Graduate School of Theology (GST) exists to equip students to live and minister in multiple cultures through individual research, personal scholarship and cultural awareness. GST provides in-depth, specialized study of the Bible and other subjects at a post Bachelor's degree level (Master of Arts, Master of Divinity and Doctor of Divinity). Its programs can be completed through a distance education format that utilizes mentors as well as printed and electronic materials which are designed to guide students in their studies and research. Visit the Graduate School of Theology for more information.